Pointers from Neuroscience (CPD)
September 25 - September 27£270
Over the years science has provided us with many pointers that back up and enrich our work in Creative Kinesiology. Some exciting new research has given us additional ways to understand stress, anxiety, danger and threat – the fundamentals of traumatic reaction. By bringing this research to life – with very practical applications – we shall be exploring how to help our clients with any leftover problems from experiences of stress, danger and threat.
However, it is important to point out that this will not equip practitioners to work through any deeply entrenched trauma their clients may have. Offering background information and ways to help clients with what they bring to us is the focus of the course. Much of our approach is geared to help our clients build their resilience: their ability to deal with and bounce back from any difficulties in life.
This three-day workshop will cover:
- The science of safety – Polyvagal theory and its applications in our work
- The importance of social engagement
- Surviving life threat and danger
- Building empathy and healing presence
- Resilience – and how to build and increase it with our clients
- Linking this work to the techniques and approaches we already know, such as the 5 elements, meridians, the 3-dimensional self
- Further techniques that bring balance – working with eyes, ears, touch
and expression among others
- Approaches that support and hold our clients
We shall have time to discuss the issues, using a comprehensive manual, as well as to practise the techniques and approaches that come from this work.
This training course will count as Continuing Professional Development.
This course is recognised as Continuing Professional Development for practitioners. It is recommended that you also complete home study. You will gain 23 hours of CPD plus another 23 if you complete all homestudy.
Please know that if circumstances mean that the course may not run face to face, it will continue on-line.
Your teacher on this course:
- Carrie Jost, ACKRP – Head of the School of Creative Kinesiology, practitioner, mentor and trainer
- The cost of this course is £270
- A deposit of £70 will be needed to secure your place
How to join this course:
Please contact Carrie Jost (details below) if you are interested and would like more information or to reserve your place.